Berghof Reactor Heating System
The innovative all-in-one solution
- All-in-one system
- Active cooling
Our all-in-one heating system for Berghof highpreactors from 25 to 300ml offers a space-saving, compact reaction structure. The touch controller is easy to use and offers quick access to all important functions and parameters
Our most powerful heating system with up to 1200 watts heating power offers you an intelligent stirring system in addition to the auto-tuning function. This stirring system detects malfunctions such as a break in the stirring fish movement and thus ensures stirring even without the possibility of visual control. Additionally, our high-performance heating system offers you the possibility of air-cooling the reactors, which improves the cooling times and temperature accuracies during rapid heating.
Optimal PID parameters result in faster heating rates and less overshoot when reaching the target temperature. Optimized general PID values are preset for all Berghof highpreactors.
By using the auto-tuning function, the PID parameters are optimized to the actual filling quantity, the reagents used and the temperature range. Up to 3 parameter sets can be stored and thus optimal test results can be obtained.
Active cooling and heating performance
The BRHS has active air cooling, which minimizes overshooting of the target temperature, especially at fast heating rates. In addition, it reduces the cooling times of the reactor or switches on when a preset pressure limit is exceeded.
No matter in which of the 4 operating modes - manual - ramp - sequence or autotuning - you work, you always have all functions and parameters in view. Simple swiping leads to the next mode. More detailed information or settings are always just a click away.
Parameter sets are preset for all reactor configurations. In addition, 10 further parameter sets can be individually adapted and saved.
Operating modes temperature control
1. Manual: Simplest mode of operation with manual start. The system heats to the selected target temperature as quickly as possible and maintains this temperature for the specified run time. Stirring is constant at target speed. Valves can be switched manually.
2. Ramp: A simple temperature program consisting of heating, holding and cooling phases is programmed and executed. Stirring is constant at the set speed. Valves can be switched manually.
3. Sequence: Up to 5 ramps can be lined up to follow complex temperature programs. For each ramp, the set speed of the stirring, a pressure limit and valve can also be set.
By connecting an external PC, the BRHS process controller can also be used as a data logger for documenting the temperature and pressure curves or other standard signals. With the aid of the software supplied, the temperature, pressure, heating power, speed and motor current curves can be recorded via the BRHS.
|Technical details||Voltage||230V, 50/60Hz|
|Heating power||12000W max.|
|Temperature sensor||PT-100 (2-/4-conductor)|
|Dimensions||250x360x345 (W x D x H)|
Application areas and applications
- Various kinds of synthesis like hydrogenation of C-C triple bonds, synthesis of metal nanoparticles, solvothermal synthesis and drug synthesis
- Synthesis like hydrogenation of C-C triple bonds or homogenous/heterogeneous catalysis
- Catalyst research like tests of catalysts consisiting of liquid or solid materials
- Material testing like aging tests of e.g. elastomers, ceramics or metal parts
Food & Feed
Pharma & Cosmetics
Material Testing of Elastomers in Coolants
Test samples of elastomers are prepared in coolants for tensile tests using Berghof reactors.
Material Testing of Elastomers in Blow-by-mixtures
Using Berghof reactor technology, elastomers can be prepared in blow-by-mixtures for tensile tests.
Quality Control of Raw and Starting Materials
Raw and starting materials can be tested by the use of Berghof BR high-pressure reactors.
Screening of Metathesis Catalysts
Berghof BR reactors with smaller volumes are ideal for screening of metathesis catalysts.
Selective Hydrogenation of Polyunsaturated Hydrocarbons
Berghof BR reactors are suitable for homogenous and heterogenous catalyses of minimum quantities.
Synthesis of Microporous and Mesoporous Materials
Berghof reactors for hydrothermal syntheses or for both sol-gel synthesis and hydrothermal synthesis.